Stand By Me star seeks to raise $ 10 m for a documentary that will provide a true depiction of child abuse in film industry

Corey Feldman has announced a” truth campaign” to expose an alleged network of paedophiles working in Hollywood.

In a video posted to Twitter, the actor-turned-musician said that he was seeking to raise $10 m( PS7. 6m) to fund the project, which will include a documentary furnishing an” honest and true-life depiction of child abuse” in the film industry.

” What I am proposing is a program that can literally change the recreation system as we know it ,” Feldman said in the video.” I believe that I can also bring down, potentially, a paedophile resound that I have been aware of since I was a child. Right off the bat, I can name six epithets, one of them who is still very powerful today. And a narrative that relates all the way up to a studio. It connects pedophilia to one of the major studios .”

Corey Feldman (@ Corey_Feldman)

U asked 4 it….U got it…LETS DO THIS! https :// t.co/ QQMnEpBTmW

October 25, 2017

Feldman, who is best knows we his appearances in 1980 s cinemas such as Stand By Me and The Lost Boys, has long claimed that a culture of mistreat exists in Hollywood and that many in service industries are aware of it. In 2013, the actor told the Hollywood Reporter that he and fellow Lost Boys star Corey Haim were sexually assaulted as children by humankinds working in Hollywood, though he has never referred to the abusers by epithet. According to Feldman, Haim- who fought with addiction as an adult and succumbed of pneumonia in 2010- was raped at the age of 11 by one of “the mens”.

At the time of writing, the Truth Campaign has received more than $90,000 in gifts on the fundraising website Indiegogo. Feldman, who will direct, render and distribute the documentary, “re just saying that”, as well as financing the movie, the money raised would” help me buy the security and the legal squad that I need to help my family until development projects is liberated “.

Feldman’s video announcement comes a few weeks after he first tweeted that he had a plan to bring down the alleged network of paedophiles. The actor said that since that bulletin their own lives” has turned to chaos “. On 21 October, Feldman and his band, Corey Feldman and the Angels, were penalty by police in Louisiana after marijuana was discovered during a search of their tour bus, the timing of which the actor questioned. After the accident, Feldman claims he was involved in a” near-death experience” involving two trucks.” Several of my band members decided to quit because they’re afraid for “peoples lives” ,” Feldman said.

Rumours of organised sexual abuse of children in Hollywood have intensified in recent years, following the release of the 2014 documentary An Open Secret, which alleged widespread collusion over molestation in the film industry. In 2016 Elijah Wood, who began his job aged eight, said that many of his child-actor peers had been “preyed upon” by” vipers in the industry “.

Feldman’s allegations come at a time when Hollywood is arguing with the growing abuse scandal surrounding Harvey Weinstein, who has been accused of sexual assault or harassment by more than 50 wives. Weinstein, who is being investigated by law enforcement in New York, Los Angeles and London, denies all claims of non-consensual sex made against him.

Read more: https :// www.theguardian.com/ cinema/ 2017/ oct/ 26/ corey-feldman-hollywood-paedophilia-child-abuse-campaign-documentary