1. Do expect him to pay…but don’t let him do it every time.
It’s okay to have these old-school anticipations in the beginning. But understand eventually when you’re in a relationship, it kind of just evens after a while. You pay for something, he does. When you’re a squad what’s yours is theirs and you go back and forth.
2. Do expect him to open the door or draw out your chair…but don’t not say anything.
3. Do expect a text back in a decent sum of time…but don’t lose your shit when he’s busy.
Even if you’re someone who looks at your telephone every five seconds and answers immediately, some people aren’t like that.
4. Do have standards…but don’t compare him to people from your past.
Your ex might have treated you like gold and did a lot of things right but he’s your ex for a reason. Don’t build him feel like he’s in a competition with some ghost from your past.
5. Do let him progress naturally…but don’t ask him why are you.
I belief a lot of people when it comes to dating is much more guarded these days. We want solid answers. We have dating apps that say yes I like you. No I don’t. We crave everything very clear and just happen fast but the exciting part of a relationship is watching something progress naturally and building up to that.
We are a generation that feeds off of immediate gratification but good relationships don’t happen that behavior.
6. Do expect to be courted…but don’t expect it to be so age-old style.
I would desire for a guy to walk on the outside of the sidewalk, hold my umbrella, stroll me to the door, kiss me and leave. But I know today those expectancies are rare.
The equivalent of that is getting a follow-on insta or maybe a like. And I detest that that’s what it’s come to but you can either adapt to things as they change or wish they were different.
7. Do expect him to meet your parent’s…but don’t drop-off that on him.
I don’t bring a lot of people I’m interested in around my parent’s. To me, that’s a big step even if it’s not to someone else. But I’ll ever bring it up in a dialogue first before springing that on someone.
8. Do expect him to go out of his way to see you … but don’t have those anticipations if you’re not fulfilling him halfway.
Relationships are all about making 50% and hoping the other person does too. The second one person does more than that, the scale is off balance and the relationship won’t last.
9. Do expect him to keep plans…don’t let him get away with canceling.
Things come up all the time. But there is a difference between an emergency and an apologize.
10. Do expect him to show up on time…but don’t be late yourself.
Showing up on time is a form of respect.
11. Do expect him to stop talking to other people…but don’t hound him about all the girls that blows up his phone.
Asking who every girl is he’s talking to shows a deep-rooted insecurity. If he has to defend girl space pal he’s texting he’s not going to put up with that too long.
12. Do expect him to listen….but don’t be the only one talking.
You were given two ears and one mouth for a reason listen more than you speak.
13. Do communicate…but don’t only text.
Cell phones are a wonderful route to communicate but picking up the phone and having an actual dialogue is so important.
14. Do talking here your problems…but don’t make a passive aggressive status airing your dirty laundry for the world to visualize.
Keep your relationship difficulties between the two of you.
15. Do make time for him…don’t stimulate him the centre for human rights of their own lives though.
It’s great to find someone you enjoy hanging out with but make sure you still set endeavour into your other relationships or pastimes. Relationships should never be your whole life.
16. Do expect to meet his friends…but don’t threw them down.
Even if you hate his best friend don’t construct him prefer. It won’t work out in your favor.
17. Do expect surprises…but astonish him sometimes too.
Just as you like blooms sending them to your office or a astonish romantic date on the weekend, there are things he needs to. A relationship is never just about person or persons and what the hell is want but fulfilling what each person necessity.
18. Do forgive him…but don’t let it become a habit.
No one is perfect. Just like you will mess up he will too. Learn to forgive his shortcomings but be careful with what the hell are you let him get away with and let him become too comfy.
19. Do have high standards…don’t lower them only because he’s interested.
Don’t lose yourself to this person just because it seems like it might be better than other relationships in the past. Comprise those same standards you have from the beginning throughout the whole relationship.